Here are some of the important current affairs that you should be aware of if you are preparing for government jobs:
- India launches ‘Agnipath’ scheme for recruitment of soldiers: The Indian government has launched the Agnipath scheme, which will recruit soldiers into the armed forces for a period of four years. The scheme has been met with protests from some quarters, but the government has defended it, saying that it will help to make the armed forces more modern and efficient.
- India signs agreement with UAE for cooperation in space: India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have signed an agreement for cooperation in space. The agreement will cover areas such as space exploration, satellite communication, and space science.
- India’s GDP growth rate slows to 4.5% in Q1 FY23: India’s GDP growth rate slowed to 4.5% in the first quarter of 2023-24, from 8.7% in the same quarter of the previous year. This slowdown is attributed to a number of factors, including the ongoing war in Ukraine and rising inflation.
- Supreme Court upholds death sentence of Nirbhaya gang-rape convicts: The Supreme Court has upheld the death sentence of the four convicts in the Nirbhaya gang-rape case. The case had caused nationwide outrage and protests, and the Supreme Court’s decision is seen as a victory for the fight against gender-based violence.
- India hosts G20 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting: India hosted the G20 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in July 2023. The meeting was attended by foreign ministers from the world’s 20 largest economies. The meeting discussed a number of issues, including the war in Ukraine, the global food crisis, and climate change
Table of Important Points
Here is a table of the important points mentioned above, along with the date of the event:
|India launches ‘Agnipath’ scheme for recruitment of soldiers||August 14, 2023|
|India signs agreement with UAE for cooperation in space||August 18, 2023|
|India’s GDP growth rate slows to 4.5% in Q1 FY23||June 30, 2023|
|Supreme Court upholds death sentence of Nirbhaya gang-rape convicts||July 25, 2023|
|India hosts G20 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting||July 28-29, 2023|
Please follow and like us: