Here are some of the important current affairs that you should be aware of if you are preparing for government jobs in September 2023:
- India successfully launches Aditya L1 solar observatory: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched the Aditya L1 solar observatory on September 2, 2023. The observatory will study the Sun from a distance of 1.5 million kilometers.
- Nobel Laureates advocate for Muhammad Yunus amidst legal proceedings: A group of Nobel Laureates have written an open letter advocating for Muhammad Yunus, the Bangladeshi economist who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2006. Yunus is currently facing legal proceedings in Bangladesh, and the Nobel Laureates are calling for his release.
- Delhi High Court permits stem cell therapy for autism: The Delhi High Court has permitted the use of stem cell therapy for the treatment of autism. This is the first time that a court in India has allowed the use of stem cell therapy for a medical condition
- Proposed BNSS 2023: Changes to mercy petition process in death sentence cases: The government has proposed changes to the mercy petition process in death sentence cases. The changes include a shorter time limit for filing mercy petitions and a requirement for the President to give reasons for rejecting a mercy petition.
- RBI enhances transaction limits for small value digital payments in offline mode: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has enhanced transaction limits for small value digital payments in offline mode to ₹500 from the earlier cap of ₹200. These can be made using any channel or instruments such as cards, wallets, mobile devices in face-to-face mode only
Table of Important Points
Here is a table of the important points mentioned above, along with the date of the event:
|India successfully launches Aditya L1 solar observatory||September 2, 2023|
|Nobel Laureates advocate for Muhammad Yunus amidst legal proceedings||September 6, 2023|
|Delhi High Court permits stem cell therapy for autism||September 10, 2023|
|Proposed BNSS 2023: Changes to mercy petition process in death sentence cases||September 15, 2023|
|RBI enhances transaction limits for small value digital payments in offline mode||September 20, 2023|
Please follow and like us: